Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

31 WAYS TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF TO EXERCISE

I found a great link with ideas to stay motivated to exercise so I thought I would share it.  31 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise  I'm going to pass on including a quote for now and will post them as I come across ones I really like.  Got myself on the elliptical last night for 45 min. and walked on the track at the gym for an hour this morning.  I have cheated, every day I guess, by having one sweet thing - yesterday a few Swedish fish, today a carmel from Wertz Candy.  The big difference is that I'm having one sweet thing - not eating sweets morning, noon & night.  I'm not sure if I really should get sugar out of my life completely but I do know when I think about doing that I get a lump in my throat and my eyes well up with tears.  I have a very strong emotional attachment to sugar.  I almost feel as though it would be another divorce (and really, I know what those feel like - yes, I said "those" as in plural).  For now I will continue on my goal to get up and move at least 5-6 days a week and put the banning of sugar completely from my life on the back burner - I have 2 more teenage girls to raise - either let me have my sugar or my good friend Mr. Vodka will be back on the menu!!!  So click on the link and go get motivated to move!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it.... I think one-a-day is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go mom! You're getting the hang of the balance thing it seems like. And I'm a big fan of that!

    ReplyDelete