Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Saturday, February 12, 2011

BEACH GETAWAYS WITH GIRLFRIENDS - Good for the soul!

Had a 24 hour getaway to the beach with 2 of my girlfriends and it was just what the Dr. ordered.  We have all committed to a healthier lifestyle so it was good to be able to talk about what works and what doesn't work for each of us.  We walked on the beach, drank some wine and listened to a great band and stayed in a good friends beach house steps from the ocean - it was a great 24 hours.  There is something about hearing the waves crash on the beach that makes my world a better place.  Had 2.5 slices of pizza but watched what I ate the rest of the day and got on the elliptical for 45 minutes tonight.  My pants are starting to loosen up and I'm getting into the swing of reaching for food that's good for me with a splurge now and then of peanut M&Ms and pizza and still staying on track.  I'm tracking my food on Spark People on line (it's free) and I think that is really helping me.  I have a "dress up" fundraising event the end of this month and I'm hoping I can find a dress (I wear one of those about once every 12 years or so) that I feel good in so we'll see if that happens.  I'll keep you posted. 

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! We want pictures - that'll keep you on track! :P

    ReplyDelete