Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NEXT TRIP ON MY AGENDA - FINLAND!

Most of you know me well enough to know that I LOVE to travel.  My next adventure will be this summer when I head to Helsinki, Finland.  We had an exchange student my junior year of highschool and she has remained part of our family ever since.  My parents and my daughter have been there but for some reason I haven't.  It's time!  We also had an exchange student from Holland and I've been there so many times that it feels like going home when I get there.  I think having my trip to Finland in front of me will help to keep me motivated.  I would love to take a trip and actually be in some of the photos.  So I'll continue to get to the gym and on my elliptical and as soon as the weather starts to warm up I'll attempt to start jogging again knowing it's what is best for my health but really imagining me in the beautiful country of Finland  in a photo smiling, happy and not hiding behind anyone or anything. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually heading on a trip in 2 more weeks - back to San Diego, CA to see my Britt, Dave and baby David!!! I can't wait. Lots of pictures will be taken there but I'm thinking they will mostly involve a little baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait! I have to put my vacation request in for that Friday. I'm glad you get to go to Finland, I LOVED it when I went with Grammy and Poppop. Try the cloudberry liquor. You'd think it'd be delicious with a name like that but it turns out it tastes like vegemite smells. Ick! Will you be going on that Silja cruise that I'm sure poppop told you about? I had reindeer meat on that boat! It's such a beautiful place, I can't wait to go with Dave someday.
    Glad to see you'll be jogging - you said it here so you can't take it back now!
    Anyway, see you soon!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not terrible dessert options:

    http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/7-desserts-fight-fat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this article too (Four things women skip when they exercise, but shouldn't):

    http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/4-things-women-should-be-doing-their-fitness-training-arent

    ReplyDelete