Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Thursday, February 3, 2011

QUOTE # 10 - ARE YOU A WHY OR WHY NOT KIND OF PERSON?

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”  George Bernard Shaw  I always liked this quote.  I think people are either the "Why's" or the "Why Not's".  I'm definately the "Why Not's".  So I want to figure out how to turn that swirling around in my head into the drive I need to make some life long changes to becoming healthy.  How do I turn what I know I need to do into an "idea" that I need to bring to fruition?  Someone made a comment that it's not the gym I need - it's making up my mind to do this, and then doing it.  It really is a head game isn't it?!  Was at the gym this morning and did a good pace on the track for an hour with my walking buddy - it felt good.  I did the elliptical yesterday morning and then hiked with my daughter through the snow for 45 min to an hour.  I'm eating better - no more sweets and I'm actually eating fruit everyday.  I guess the question is I know I'm on the right track - can I stay on it?  And then I have to ask myself - "WHY NOT?!!" 

3 comments:

  1. I was talking to my dad this morning about exercise and weight... and saying how I can lose 20lbs or so, then I feel great, and let go... he said "yeah, the hard part isn't losing the weight, the hard part is maintaining."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I know that!!!! Great, so not only is losing the weight hard but it's going to be just as hard to maintain. Wow, that's a bright light at the end of the tunnel isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave feels your pain - he's been bouncing from his ideal weight back up 10-15 pounds for about a year. The triathlons will probably help, but his dilemma is he wants to be muscley and big too. I heard a commercial for a group called Team in Training, they train together as a team to do events that benefit leukemia and lymphoma patients. There are walking and running events, and probably swimming and bicycling, too. You should totally see if there's one in your area. You might meet some new workout buddies and it could also give you a long term, fun activity to be committed to - helping to raise money for blood cancer research.

    ReplyDelete