Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

QUOTE # 9 - HABITS - GOOD & BAD

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." Mark Twain Why are bad habits so hard to get rid of and good habits so hard to keep?  I would love to figure that one out.  Did not go to the gym yesterday - instead shoveled all the ice for about an hour - a good work out!  My gym partner went into work early today due to the weather so I am opting for my elliptical this morning and then back to shovel ice again today.  I'm OK with not doing the gym everyday as long as the days I don't go I'm doing some kind of exercise.  The gym is my back up for boredom and also my time to exercise around other people - As most of you know, I'm not a loner - I need to be around people.  Ended up with a major headache from going cold turkey off my Diet Ice Tea (which I am absolutely sure is what makes me crave sugar).  I know the headache will come but I also know it only lasts a day so yesterday was the day - today back to normal & no more sugar cravings - as I tell myself everyday - baby steps!

4 comments:

  1. ill make sure to drink the rest of your ice tea so its not in your fridge tempting you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a generous, selfless gesture! :)

    I might suggest making a pitcher of sugarless iced tea by just steeping some hot tea and then throwing it in the fridge. My personal favorite is the peppermint kind, any brand. Don't forget to stay hydrated and replace that tea with water or your sugar craving headaches will be replaced by dehydration headaches.

    Remember to warm up (not stretch-do that afterwards-just start out light before you move the heavy stuff) your back muscles before you shovel so you don't throw them out, cuz if you do you REALLY won't want to exercise.

    Way to go, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and happy groundhog day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim is just that kind of guy!! Thanks for he advice Britt - good reminders. I'm working on the water thing. Found 2 more fruits I like - Mandarin Oranges & Pink Grapefruit - woo hoo!!
    Happy Groundhoug day to you too!

    ReplyDelete