Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Monday, February 7, 2011

QUOTE #11 - WHO DECIDES WHAT'S IMPOSSIBLE?

We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible. Vince Lombardi  I thought today would be a good day to use a Vince Lombardi quote.  My mom loved Vince Lombardi, his drive, his determination to win - if she had been a guy, she would have wanted to be Vince Lombardi!  So many times we are the ones that limit what we do because we think we can't.  My goal is to tell myself everyday " I can!" from dieting to becoming who I was put here to be.  Took a couple days off from my blog for a number of reasons - Friday I was a mess due to personal issues my daughter is having in Middle School.  Did I mention I really dislike Middle School girls...!!!  Saturday headed to NYC - miserable weather but still had a great day in the city!  Sunday, cleaned and baked for the Super Bowl gathering - I LOVE to entertain.  That's when I miss my big house - it was the perfect house for entertaining.  I didn't do too bad this weekend with my eating and weekends are normally a struggle. I'm able to button a few pair of pants without passing out from not breathing so I think that's a good sign.  Back at the gym this am and it felt good.  I'm battling what seemed to be allergies but I think it's turning into a cold - UGH! Would love some healthy recipes - if you have any you love please share!  It's Monday - Go accomplish the impossible!!

2 comments:

  1. Great quote, Becky! another one of my favorites is "If you think you CAN, you're right, if you think you CAN'T, you're right."
    Glad you had a nice time in NYC in spite of the weather!
    We had a great time with the girls!
    Congrats on your success....it's always good to be able to breathe when your pants are buttoned...LOL!
    Feel better!
    Have a beautiful day~
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave and I love these chicken wraps we made once, buffet style - grill up some chicken (or bake, whatever) and slice into strips, and have cucumber strips, carrot strips, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper, hummus or garlic paste (you can pick some up at the market when you get here if you don't have it there!), and chinese cabbage leaves available. Smear the hummus or garlic paste on the cabbage leaves (don't overdo it - just because they're healthy doesn't mean they don't have calories), add some chicken strips, cilantro, carrots, and cucumbers, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Srirachi (the hot sauce with a rooster on it) also goes well for a kick. Grab like a street taco and enjoy! They are delicious, and as a variation you could also find a recipe for vietnamese style barbecue chicken, or just marinate in probably soy and hoisin sauce with a little srirachi and maybe ginger should get it similar. It goes great with the cilantro, cucumbers, and carrots!

    Congrats on the pants! That's awesome, and hopefully will help your motivation snowball from here!

    ReplyDelete