Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Thursday, February 10, 2011

PEANUT M&M'S HOW I LOVE YOU...!!!

Today was a day that in my mind I convinced myself that peanut M&M's are a healthy snack - they do have peanuts in them!!  Then I took it one step further and decided they would count as one of my meals today.  Funny how when I was eating them that all made sense to me.  Had a healthy breakfast and lunch and then had a little M&M set back around 5:00 when I had to walk into my partner's office - now you have to understand that my partner's office is completly filled with M&M figurines and LARGE bags of plain & peanut M&M's that are always open waiting to be eaten - it's a sugar lovers dream and a dieters nightmare.  Luckily no ones fingers were near me when I dove in or it could have gotten ugly.  What in the world is that all about?  Every one of those sweet little morsels made me think that I shouldn't be eating them but did I stop - NOPE!  I even tried to picture them in their little commercials where they are living, breathing little nuggets that talk and I still kept biting into their little bodies...I'm sick, really sick!  So what do they call this - a set back, a lack of willpower, a reason to give up... I'm not sure but whatever it is I will go home and get on the elliptical and feel guilty for the rest of the evening and then wake up tomorrow ready to get back on track and put my M&M nightmare in the past.  Heading to the beach with girlfriends tomorrow - lots of walking and lettuce will be involved and wine of course and we will get renewed, rejuvenated and ready to continue on our journey to better health occasionally scattered with some peanut M&M's,

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe...I wish someone near me at work had M&Ms sometimes, but this reminded me that I'm glad they don't. I saw on TV once about how sugary stuff makes you crave more sugary stuff cuz your body basically goes into withdrawal, and it seems for me that a good way to break that cycle mid-frenzy is to eat something not sweet. Like a string cheese or even a piece of minty gum (<-- and that fits in your pocket). Other times I can avoid actually eating bad things by imagining what they taste like and that I'm eating them - because usually I want to just try them, when I pretty much have a good idea of what they'll taste like.

    ReplyDelete