Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

AT THE SPEED OF LIFE...

Do you ever take a moment to think about how fast life is passing us by?  When I look at my kids it really hits me - my baby is 12 and my oldest 28 - when did that happen?  My goal has been to appreciate every day - crazy hectic and filled to the brim with busyness - but appreciated.  I'm a big fan of taking opportunities whenever presented to me - from traveling, joining a friend for lunch, going out for a girls night, snuggling with my girls when they crawl in bed, putting the grandkids on the counter while I stir up my cookie batter and giving them a spoon full when it's all mixed, and laughing whenever possible and yet there is so much more I wish I took the time to do but the clock keeps ticking and the day comes to an end.  So fitting in exercise has been a long time excuse I have used over and over again - "I don't have time!".  But since  I have committed to exercising for about 3 or 4 weeks now I'm amazed how making it a priority has made it part of my day - like showering, gettting to work and doing my everyday "stuff".   I have finally faced the fact that baking is not a form of exercise.  I'm sad about that but it was time to accept it and move onto the elliptical that has been sitting in the family room gathering dust and I'm amazed how 45 minutes really doesn't seem like the eternity it did a few weeks ago. 
So I keep moving so I will be able to keep up with the speed of my life that will otherwise pass me by.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd share that I went nuts this weekend with Dave's mom watching the kid and put on a pound. So now I'm working to get rid of it and the pesky 18 others I want to lose. It's good motivation to get me back on track though! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Baking isn't exercise? so I suppose eating the cookies isn't, either?! Bummer!
    Kudos to you, Becky, for making it a priority and sticking with it! I must do the same!
    Thanks for your sweet comment...we feel the same way about your girls!
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete