Bethany Beach

Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach - Winter 2011

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EXERCISING ALONE - WHY OH WHY IS IT SOOO HARD???

Happy Hump Day!  I get up this morning, get the girls to school and head to the gym.  Wait in the parking lot for my exercise buddy and she doesn't show up - I check my phone - a text at 6:59a.m. - "Passing on the gym this morning."  Luckily I didn't read it before I pulled into the parking lot or I would have headed home.  I sat there for a minute and then realized how ridiculous it was that I was actually considering leaving instead of going in to workout by myself.  So I headed in and slid on the stationary bike w/my 2 magazines and start pedaling away.  I did 45 minutes - 10.2 miles and actually was sweating and for those of you that know me - # 1-  I rarely sweat and # 2 - I HATE to sweat.  It was good to be on something else other then the elliptical or walking and it was a decent workout - for someone that isn't in shape.  My niece showed me a site she's on that looks really good - it's www.sparkpeople.com  Lots of good ideas and support and a place to track your food intake and exercise and best of all it's FREE - Check it out!!  Off to lunch - a big salad with grilled chicken - I haven't had one of those all week.  Have a wonderful day and keep moving!

4 comments:

  1. Most of us remember the commandment "love your neighbor". Most of us forget the "as you love yourself" at the end of that. We say it! But, do we play it? I've been working on that lately... I sabotage myself with the alone thing a lot... working on the "Love yourself" part so I enjoy being with ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my goal this year Michele - to attempt to do better on appreciating the few times that I do have alone rather then dreading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch the dressing if you're eating those big salads out - some are worse than burgers!! Very proud of you for not leaving! I hope you felt wonderful afterward. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I barely use any dressing - not a big dressing fan and I always get the vinagrette.

    ReplyDelete